Terms and Conditions
BAKERS DOLPHIN SCHOOL COACH SERVICE
- Bookings are made for the whole academic year (subject to the operational dates detailed in the booking information) and not on a term by term basis.
- Bookings are made for a specific pick up point only and not for any particular route.
- Bus passes will be issued for the whole Academic year. These MUST be presented to the driver whenever boarding a vehicle. We reserve the right to refuse travel to or from school if a bus pass is not presented.
- Bookings are for the named individual only and cannot be used for occasional travel by friends or relatives.
- Cancellations may only be made in writing to: Mrs S Townsend, School Transport Dept, Bakers Dolphin Coach Travel, 48 Locking Road, Weston super Mare, BS23 3DN.
- In the event of a cancellation, the school bus pass must be returned before any refunds are issued.
- Should you choose to cancel during the academic year you are required to give four weeks notice of the date on which you will cease to require the service. You are required to pay for the four week period and will be entitled to travel as normal.
- A charge of £25.00 will be made for each cancellation. Where applicable refunds will only be given once the bus pass has been returned.
- A charge of £10.00 will be applied for each failed direct debit.
- Should a pass be lost, stolen or damaged, duplicate passes must be obtained from the Operations Department at 48 Locking Road, Weston Super Mare, BS23 3DN. There will be a charge of £10.00 for each duplicate pass.Once booked places are allocated for a particular route only. This does not entitle students to travel on any other Bakers Dolphin Coach.
- Bakers Dolphin reserves the right to amend the timings, pick up points or routes of any service as may be necessary.
- Board and alight through recognised entrances and exits or as directed by the driver
- Not endanger the safety of other people on the vehicle or cause them discomfort (this includes other passengers, the driver or other company employees)
- Not trail or throw objects from the vehicle
- Not smoke, carry lighted tobacco, light a match or cigarette lighter in any part of the coach
- Not distribute anything or offer anything for sale without the permission of the company
- Not distract the driver unless to speak in an emergency, to deal with a safety matter or to give directions concerning the stopping of the vehicle
- Not distract the driver or obstruct his vision
- Not give a signal that can be misinterpreted by the driver as a signal to stop in an emergency or as a signal to move off
- Travel only in a part of the vehicle that’s available for carrying passengers
- Not use or play any noisy musical instrument (including radio, cassette etc) on the vehicle
- Not deliberately interfere with the vehicles fitted equipment
- Leave the vehicle if the driver indicates that it is full or where the passenger –
- is causing a nuisance,
- becomes abusive or offensive
- is wearing clothing that might soil the vehicle
Bulky, dangerous and cumbersome items
- Drivers have the power to instruct customers where and how bulky items should be carried and in certain circumstances, the driver can refuse to carry them. This will include items that
- are bulky or cumbersome
- might annoy other people
- might injure other people or be a danger
- might damage the coach or other customer’s property
For your Safety and comfort
- Not play about near the road while waiting for the bus
- Stay on the pavement, well back from the road
- Wait until the bus stops before getting on or off
- Not attempt to open or close the vehicle's doors
- Wear seatbelts and stay in their seats while the vehicle is in motion
- Beware of coats, scarves, bags or satchels catching in the doors
- Never cross in front of or behind a bus
- Not leave litter or waste (particularly chewing gum) on the bus
- Anyone who finds property on the vehicle must notify the driver.
- Any property found on a vehicle must not be taken from a vehicle except by the driver.
- Please ensure you take all your property with you when alighting a vehicle.
- If you suspect that you have left some property on a vehicle please contact our lost property department on (01934) 415000 (select option 4) between 9:00 and 17:30 Monday to Friday
Contravention of regulations
Any passenger who contravenes the terms and conditions will be asked to provide their name and address. In the event of a serious or persistent misbehaviour, the company reserves the right to exclude passengers from using their services. Passes may be withdrawn at any time and refunds will not be available.
- In the unlikely event that you have not been collected from your pick up within 10 minutes from the stated time, please telephone our duty Manager on 01934) 415000 (select option 4) or 07860 433003. Remain at the pickup point until the duty manager has given you an instruction.
- In the event of an accident or emergency situation please call or duty manager on (01934) 415000 (select option 4) or 07860 433003.
- The company reserves the right to allocate specific seats to a passenger and insist that they travel only in that seat.
- If you have any comments or suggestions regarding our service please direct them to: Mrs S Townsend, Bakers Dolphin Coach Travel, 48 Locking Road, Weston super Mare, North Somerset, BS23 3DN
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare seoUrl() (previously declared in C:\websites\smartloyalty.co.uk\httpdocs\clients\bakers\functions.php:26) in C:\websites\smartloyalty.co.uk\httpdocs\clients\bakers\functions.php on line 36
Bakers Dolphin Coach Travel – June 2017